We are a certified Heavy-Duty Vehicle Drive Clean Emissions Test Centre
We are fully certified to test large trucks, buses, and motorhomes with a gross vehicle weeight rating (or gross combined weight rating) of over 4,500kg.
The Inspection I service is the smaller of the two inspection services recommended by manufacturers. It includes basically all of the items that assures safety and full functionality of your vehicle. All makes and models can also utilize this maintenance program to ensure a pleasant drive and ownership. Inspection I could cost in the range of $150.00 and also more if you have any repairs. (Repair cost are not included in the inspection cost.)
- Change engine oil and filter oil while engine is at normal operation temperature.
- Check transmission for leaks.
- Check rear axle for leaks.
- Visually check fuel tank, lines and connections for leaks.
- Check condition, posistion and mounting of exhaust system. Examine for leaks.
- Check power steering system for leaks.
- Check overall thickness of front and rear disc brakes.
- Examine brake disc surfaces.
- Clean brake pad contact points in calipers.
- Grease wheel center hubs.
- Check steering for absence of play, condition of suspension track rods, front axle joints, steering linkage, and joint disc.
- Check front control arm bushing for wear.
- Check brake and clutch system connectors and lines for leaks, damage, and incorrect positioning.
- Check for free movement of the parking brake cables. Adjust parking brake if necessary.
- Check all tire pressures (including spare). Correct if necessary.
- Check condition of tires (outer surfaces (left/right)), tread wear and pattern; In case of uneven tread wear readjust wheel alignment if required.
- Read out diagnostic system
- Check engine cooling system/heater hose connections for leaks.
- Check coolant level and antifreeze protection level; add coolant if necessary.
- Check level of brake and clutch fluid in reservoir; add fluid if required.
- Check windshield washer fluid level and antifreeze protection. Fill up and/or correct if necessary.
- Check air conditioner for operation.
- Reset Service Indicator.
- Check battery electrolyte level and add distilled water if required.
- Perform batter load test.
- Check lighting system, i.e. headlights, foglights, parking, backup, license plate, interior (including map reading lights), glove box, flashlight, illuminated makeup mirrors, luggage compartment lights.
- Check instrument panel and dashboard illumination.
- Check all warning/indicator lights, check control.
- Check turn signals, hazard warning flashers, brake lights, horns, headlight dimmer/flasher switch.
- Check wiper and washer system(s); wiper blades, washer jet positions.
- Check condition and function of safety belts.
- Oil hood, trunk/tailgate, and door hinges.
- Grease hood, trunk/tailgate and door latches. Check operation of all latches.
- Check central locking/double lock.
- Replace microfilter or Acc. Cabin Filter.
- Check heater/air conditioner blower, rear window defogger.
- Check rear view mirrors
- Visually examine the SRS airbag units for torn cover, obvious damage or attachment of decals, decorations, or accessories.
- Road test with check of brakes, suspension, steering, clutch/manual transmission or automatic transmission
© 2019 George's Auto Repair Inc.